a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Don't experience JOY on her bad day

People always ask, "Are you always happy?"

I can honestly tell you most of the time I am. When I hurt, I really hurt. I don't live in denial, I am actually quite aware of my life and those around me. The thing about me is that, I choose to be happy. Is this really worth fighting for? Is it really that big of a deal?
I tell you this but just the other day I was at a big chain bookstore with only one register open and while the line was forming as we waited patiently, the conversation being made with the cashier and customer didn't seem it was going to finish. 
I busted out with: "Um, I know that I am supposed to be working on PATIENCE but she is purchasing one book and meanwhile you have a whole country here waiting to purchase five books. I don't want to be PATIENT TODAY!"
The customer behind me quips, "She was being nice, what she meant was STFU we gotta go!"

I closed my eyes and thought, I am such a B%^&H!

Point is as happy I may seem at times doesn't mean I won't have my moments, you should see me at the drop off line at my son's Middle School. THAT IS A WHOLE CAN OF CRAZY! With that said,
I have been seeing notes of resolution wishes for 2013. People just want to be happy.
I say, "Be thankful to be alive because you don't want to experience JOY on her bad day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment