a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Thursday, April 4, 2013

They will come

I do many of my excursions by myself, if my son is at school. My son doesn't approve of this because to him, I am always having fun without him. He has asked to be home schooled(insert silly laughter here). Lately I have decided I will invite a friend or two. My Friday hikes with Ana has been about therapy, unfortunately though these are take our breath away kind of hikes, so talking at times doesn't happen. Literally some of our hikes take our breath away. These hills violate our bodies in ways that makes us want more. (smile here)
My 38th Birthday involved three girlfriends doing a 5:30am Yoga class followed by three other friends to meet for a sunrise 3 mile hike.
In sharing all of the things I do, be it by word of mouth or on my Facebook, friends are calling asking, "Joy, what are you doing today? Can I come?" (devilish smirk here)
Christina has been one that has been constant in calling me. Yoga on Wednesdays and a hike on Thursdays.Due to a storm last night I didn't want to take a chance being out in the woods, in all that mud. I suggested that we do Zuka Light's ZWOW workout.


 (during our workout)
Christina: Joy, I hate you!
Me: I hate me too! (we wanted to laugh but we had two more rounds to do)

(post workout)
we both agreed to meet up again next week maybe instead of ZWOW 35 we would do ZWOW 1.
So Wednesdays hike in the morning then Yoga at night and from now on Thursdays will be for Zwow!

Point:
You do this for yourself and soon enough you will attract those who will want to do it with you.
Surround yourself with those who will support you and you them rather than beg for some attention. Encourage those who want your encouragement but don't assume everyone wants your encouragement and advice. Sometimes just them knowing and seeing you live is encouragement enough. Grow with the flow of your life and those who sees you will follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment