a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Being inflexible

In my massage business I have set hours because well, thats the thing about being self employed you can set your own hours.
 Its funny because though I am a business, if you were to go to a store front you have this understanding okay the hours are set at the door and everywhere else, infact you would even sit there and understand that. I am no different from any storefront, except that clients will feel that I can bend and should bend for their business.
When you are booked two to six weeks in advanced is it necessary to be flexible? Do we need to enable PRINCESS behaviors?
I bring this up lately because people have been asking me though it clearly states my hours to work beyond those hours. Just like you, I have a family to take care of, single parent isn't the same as two parent home. I have errands to run, social obligations and peace of mind. Hence the set hours.
Yet when I suggest an alternate I get the same reply, Joy, I have family time at that time, Joy, I have to go to church, no gotta meet with friends, and I gotta gotta gotta....But you too have set hours?

I was feeling it this week because everyone wanted me above and beyond what I was willing to offer and no matter how much you say no, there is a loop hole where ...let me rephrase that question to, Joy you need my business.

This clip cracked me up

No comments:

Post a Comment