a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Its all about the Flow

At the time I hadn't really understood what Go with the Flow meant till what will be three years next month a drunk driver drove his truck into my bed 4 in the fucken morning.

I spent a year in total confusion, spurts of denial, a numbing stand still, emotional havoc, strangely engulfed in the unknown.
What I did know was my son and I started all over. Unable to fully walk without  my legs giving out on me, sleep was an urban legend, the darkness and silence of the night was worse than knowing I was about to be cut open to deliver my son, anger was the opposite my name JOY LOVE and learning really quick what friends would do when faced with adversity.

In my quest for normalcy, searching for something that once was was near to impossible.

GO with the Flow!

There is something in allowing yourself to surrender to the Flow. To be able to trust all that was meant for you, to knowing in the start of your day everything will be alright. In this experience control isn't a guaranteed outcome of your choice, control is the growth that happens when you just let go.

A flippen shirt was made:

Over a year ago this duo..a musician and a yoga instructor decided lets travel and share  Go W/ The Flow! The movement was birthed.









1 comment:

  1. I remember that is when I first met you. Right before it happened. After my ordeal. Another hardcore life lesson to make us stronger, wiser, and appreciate life and the little things. You are a living example. Love.

    ReplyDelete