a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Motivated in Bertie County

Yup its a Saturday and I have a post?
I was organizing my boards on PINTEREST when I found this girl. Emily Pilloton.
Its individuals like her that gets my creative juices flowing. Where its not about me but about the community and how it expands from there. Working with the mentality of, "work with what you have".

I see it even in this town I live in. We are rated # 9 as the fastest city growing in the US for 2013,
sadly like any other city we want the prettiest and newest of things do away with the idea of renovations and reinventions, instead we prefer fresh coat of paint on a brand new wall please!

No we aren't Bertie County, North Carolina but we do have the small town mentality with big city dreams.

No I am not knocking San Antonio, so don't get your panties in bunch.
What I am saying is, if we love this city so much and take so much pride in it. Why do we allow it to fall apart? What happened to the idea of being a community?




No comments:

Post a Comment