a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Yoga Whore

San Antonio isn't the Mecca of all things yoga infact we have had a studio that has been around for 10 years and its growth is very small.
Though I have shared I was in search of a teacher given mine moved to Miami. I am a yoga WHORE. I see everyone!

Why aren't you?

I surprised girlfriend yogis the other day over lunch all the yoga studios in town, that I have favorites I follow and that yes there is more to yoga than BIKRAM. WHAT?

Why do I follow others? I follow other studios because everybody teaches differently and though I prefer vinyasa, I take gentle, I take Iyengar, slow as heaven flow, ashtanga, and hatha class. In my own practice I am taught should I do this pose or not, what is my alternative, should I hold here, keep going keep going, oh I am so stuck, and ahhhh savasana 10 minutes, Judith Lasater would be proud of a 10 minute savasana.

I practice at home and I go to studios to help me do better and allow me to practice at home and grow. Yoga Studios are Shalas (schools) to help guide you to a better self practice, not hold your hands the whole time. Shalas aren't supposed to do the work for you. Hello! Bring Your Own Mat!!!!

So amaze your growth and check out all the yoga studios near your home and breath baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment