a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Gloating participle of gloat

At a place I work at once a week;  I practice shooting basket not basket ball with an official rim but a mini bar that has a hole to put your coffee cups and such in where when ever I finnish massaging a customer I make shots with my disposable face covers.

For the past three years that I have decided to be creative in throwing away my paper towels, I would make shots in hope I can be amazing in making it in a hole that let me tell you is not an official hole as one for a basketball. Nope, my shit was legit diabolical  small in only to hope I could easily make it in.
I did it. The only one day in the past three years where I was able to go back to back in making it in, I said it, "I AM SOOOOO GOOD!"

At that moment after I made that shot and statement, this feeling of awareness hit. I gloated. I looked up and this guy smiled at me.

As soon as I finished with a customer I stopped to make another shot, I didn't make it. That guy who smiled at me, rhetorically asked, "you know why right?"

Another example:

I want to say that you know what being a bodyworker can be rewarding but there can be moments of, can I be appreciated?

A couple of hours a week I am paid hourly to massage customers as a way of thanks. Though I am not asking you to give me your bank account or your winning lotto ticket to show me how thankful you really are at getting something given as a gift? But.......

Customers who aren't even customers who know free things are offered come and try to take advantage of the services, then complain that the 10 minute sessions weren't enough or that its not deep, they want feet, aromatherapy, deeper, energy work, etc..... and no tip? Not even a Thank You.

All this happens. Then one day I decided eh, forgetaboutit, going to be thankful and sure enough everyone who came were individuals who needed it and emotional transitions. I was surprised, what was my empty cup of chai was filled with tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment