a BRING YOUR OWN MAT moment

In her novel White Oleander, Jane Fritch suggests that beauty is something to be used, "like a hammer or a key". Thats your assignment, Pisces. Find practical ways to make your beauty work for you. For example, invoke it to help you win friends and influence people. Put it into action to drum up new opportunities and hunt down provocative invitations. And don't tell me you possess insufficient beauty to accomplish these things. I guarantee you that you have more than enough. To understand why I'm so sure, you may have to shed some ugly definitions of beauty you've unconsciously absorbed from our warped culture. - Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What do I do when I come to your class?

When you are new, you must fill out an intake form. Please allow yourself that extra time to arrive early to fill it out.

When you become a regular, Time gets the best of us, so please if you are to arrive late just enter quietly, sign in so we know you are here and just follow suit, no need to apologize it happens. 

Shoes: Please remove your shoes before entering the general population given we will be all over the floor. We track dirt with our shoes and though we don't know what others have done before us, lets just be one less of a dirty crowd and respect the space of others.

Permission: Taking yoga or anything for the first time can make individuals vulnerable. In my classes we are not at all about "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO". I leave that for my dogs Pumpkin and Bruno who are a hot mess of havoc.
Give yourself permission to a little be bit rigid and and not trusting in your flexibility. Give yourself permission to laugh at awkwardness because it will be. Give yourself permission to let go, believe me it will make things so much easier.

Respect: I think we know about respect so please know you are in others space as others know they will be in your space. Take advantage of a class with plenty of breathing space and love when we are close enough.

Here is a story..

When I was taking a class from my teacher, there was an ample amount of space next to me for a student who was running late trying to find space. Though we stagger in class so to avoid bumping one another she decided to go along side me. Which was fine. As we get into our asanas she started freaking out because she kept bumping into me. Hmmm...Though there was plenty of space for her to move her mat back, guess who had to adjust her space to accommodate another classmate. 
I am not into MMA but let me tell you it becomes a surprise when others don't respect your space and though people will say walk it off. When you are in practice it becomes a meditation and though it didn't bother me that she was always bumping me, it did alarm my spirit when she started screaming at me for being so close to her. 

Point is... in class we can have ample space but when the country is there in a small space we make room for each other. If your a princess think before you plant that mat. Next time you scream it might not be me next to you but a bonafide MMA fighter... just saying.


There you go, just basic things to be aware of in class for your first and any time after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment